Phone or email a doctor from home
Direct speedy access to an experienced doctor from your current location
- By phone. £10 per minute. Most calls <5 mins
- Cheaper by monthly payment plan at £7.50
- By email. £25. A doctor replies
Your prescription medicines delivered promptly to your door. Call or email for confidential reassurance or advice from UK based GMC registered GPs and women's health advisers
Phone a doctor
Dr Morton's Prescription©
available for the following symptoms
directly via this web site. More comprehensive packs of medicine may also be prescribed for sportsmen and sportswomen, or those intending to travel.
Better way to get medical advice
Did you know:
- Up to 70% of GP surgery appointments are unnecessary because they could be dealt with by email, or by phone
- Dr Morton's - the medical helpline© is an independent doctor service accessed directly by email or phone
- Unlike NHS111 you can actually speak to a doctor instead of just being told where to go and find one. A more direct service than that provided by the old NHS Direct helpline number
- No need to book an appointment - just call
123instead - that's 012 123 123 123
- No surgery visits and no chance of cross-infection whilst there
- No need to travel. If you need a prescription we can arrange for it to be dispensed and delivered promptly to your door
Whilst Dr Morton's - the medical helpline© is independent of and not in any way associated with the NHS, most of our doctors perform work within NHS surgeries or hospitals as well as being contracted to work sessions for Dr Morton's. All of our doctors are firm believers in and proud of the NHS. To learn more about what we believe - see NHS ♥. We believe that we complement the NHS primary care service and free up its resources to deal with cases of need.
The NHS costs each of us as taxpayer £4,666 per annum deducted directly from our wages (or taxable pension income if you have reached that age). It is an excellent service and we recommend that you use it. If you contact a doctor at Dr Morton's - the medical helpline© we may well be able to help you make the best use of the service you already pay for.
Dr Morton's - the medical helpline© improves access to private medical insurance cover but private medical insurance is not needed to be able to use Dr Morton's. Private health insurance cover provides money for secondary or hospital based care which can only be accessed in the UK following primary or GP care. These are two different things.
Dr Morton's - the medical helpline© is a primary care service and available as the first point of contact in cases other than 999 emergencies.
Dr Morton's - the medical helpline© works well alongside private medical insurance cover but private medical insurance is not needed to be able to use Dr Morton's.
At Dr Morton's - the medical helpline© we know that time costs money, your health is important but there are never enough hours in the day. When your health is concerned, it is sometimes better to spend money to save.