Our Partner Laboratory
Dr Morton’s – the medical helpline© is dedicated to helping you find answers to your health concerns. To help our doctors diagnose problems more accurately, we’ve partnered up with County Pathology, an independent diagnostic laboratory in Guildford that offers a huge range of home test kits.
County Pathology fully is accredited with both the Clinical Pathology Accreditation Service (CPA) and the CQC. Please see our How we're regulated page for more information.
- There are a range of tests available, depending on your symptoms. Have a look at our condition pages to find out more. If you are unsure about which test kit you need, speak to our doctors who would be happy to advise you.
- Once a doctor has approved your request, the kit will be sent out to you in the post. Please see our delivery information page for full details.
- We know how inconvenient it can be to have a medical test done – you often have to make an appointment and then wait around in a hospital or a clinic even for simple things like blood tests, urine tests and stool samples.
- County Pathology laboratory will send the test kit straight to your home, with instructions on how to do it included. All you have to do is provide the sample in your own time and send it back to the lab in the post.
How to do a home blood test
- Home blood test kits require you to use a finger prick method to get a sample. Don’t worry if you’ve never done it before – every test kit comes with a fully explanatory leaflet, which will tell you how to use the lancet to draw blood, how to put your blood into the small blood bottle, and how to package it up safely for postage.
- When one of our doctors has interpreted your test results, you will be sent an email to tell you that you have a new message in your customer portal. Then all you have to do is log in to access your results.
- If your results are normal, you will be able to see them immediately, and there will be a note from the doctor who interpreted them to tell you that everything is fine.
- What if my results are not completely normal?
- Sometimes test results may show something that would be best discussed with a doctor. If this is the case with your test, you will see a message recommending that you call or email us to receive a full explanation and advice from a doctor. Calls and emails will be charged at the normal rates. If you do not wish to do this, however, simply press the button to view your results.
- You can call and speak to our doctors at a later date if you wish, or you can print off your results and show it to your own GP.